Opportunities to work for the Global Commons Alliance are listed below.
If you want to know more about real-time impacts and stories from people on the ground, visit Earth HQ.
If you’re from an NGO and want to partner with the Alliance, contact us.
The role will provide a vital function to the Global Commons Alliance team, leading core team operations. The Operations Lead will work closely with the Executive Director to ensure the Global Commons Alliance Team operates efficiently and effectively.
This is a full-time position at the heart of a dynamic and active organization, focusing on nature and climate action around the world.
The job holder will have the following key responsibilities:
Core team operations
- Maintain a management information system of electronic files for the Core Team in coordination with RPA.
- Format reports and presentations as needed and assigned by Core Team members.
- Support event coordination by managing partner contact database, drafting and managing invitations & RSVPs, as well as follow-up material in support of Core Team members.
- Support scheduling for larger internal & external meetings, online and in-person.
- Contribute to planning, design and execution of GCA workshops with component teams.
- Make and manage travel arrangements for the Executive Director and Core Team members for meetings and conferences.
- Administration of expenses for Core Team members via RPA’s online systems.
- Enable continual strengthening of GCA’s operations by designing and overseeing the implementation of plans to improve systems, processes and behaviours, together with a team across all components of GCA.
Recruitment and personnel
- Develop and continually update the overview of GCA Core Team staffing, roles and responsibilities.
- Manage the recruitment process of new Core Team staff.
- Manage the drafting and negotiation of contracts and fees of Core Team staff together with GCA Executive Director, Finance Lead and RPA.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of recruitment and onboarding policies and practices for the Core Team.
Governance Support to GCA Executive Director
- Support the Steering Committee Chair and Executive Director in the timely preparation of agenda, materials, minutes and planning for all Steering Committee meetings.
- Keep up-to-date Steering Committee member bios, contact information, and relevant distribution lists.
- Support Executive Director to prepare for, and coordinate meetings of the Coordination Team and Core Team.
- Agenda management and scheduling for Executive Director.
- Support the Executive Director with administration of expenses via RPA.
The ideal candidate will be active in the environment-development space and a highly motivated, structured and constructive individual who enjoys organisational challenges and is able to work as a key player in a small, global team to support operations across multi-dimensional programmes.
Experience and qualifications
- Minimum BA/BSc level degree.
- At least 2 years’ work experience providing administrative or operational assistance in a larger, international organisation.
- Familiarity in dealing with scientific organisations.
- Experience with executive level support.
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Web-based tools and demonstrated capability to learn new software.
- Qualifications within- and some knowledge of climate, environment or development sector preferred.
Skills and desired personal traits
The Operations Lead will bring to our lean, entrepreneurial, and dynamic team the following ways of working:
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and flexibly as part of a small, multi-functional, multi-cultural team in a fast-paced environment.
- The responsibility and independence to work in a remote environment, with the ability to perform routine duties, handling a variety of tasks simultaneously, setting priorities and scheduling own work.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen eye for detail, accuracy, process and efficiency
- Sound judgment, including the ability to use and show discretion and maintain high level of confidentiality.
- High degree of diplomacy and integrity.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and comfortable with communicating with a wide array of stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Fluent English.
- Proficiency in additional languages is an advantage.
- Commitment to our vision and mission.
1 year contract with the possibility of extension, consultancy arrangement also considered. The Global Commons Alliance is a sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) through which the candidate will be contracted.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how you fulfill the requirements set out in the job announcement by clicking the link below.
Please contact Zoe Oldham [email protected] for any queries you may have.
The deadline for application is Tuesday 2 January, 2024.