Wednesday, 3 February, 14:30-16:00 CET
Join Nigel Topping, COP 26 High-Level Climate Action Champion and Johan Rockström, Executive Director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research to create a plan of action to accelerate planetary stewardship in 2021.
We are organising bi-monthly strategy sessions for all GCA partners throughout 2021. The aim is to build a strong action-orientated community. For the first session, we aim to co-create our collective goals for the year and align strategies. We are keen to find ways to channel our collective energy into a few focused activities that promise high impact.
2020 was a wake-up call for humanity. With the pandemic came a stark reminder that Earth is our only home; that we are all in this together; that science is our compass; that trust in knowledge and each other are our foundations, and that cooperation is our superpower.
2021 must be a transformative moment for humanity. It must kickstart the roaring 2020s: the fastest economic transition in history.
The strategy session will explore six action streams:
- Raise awareness of the scientific concept of a safe and just corridor for humanity
- Ready companies to set science-based targets for the global commons
- Strengthen accountability for commitments made
- Activate media to become a megaphone for the global commons
- Influence governments, regulators and multilateral bodies at key events throughout 2021 to become stewards of our global commons
- Help create the enabling environment and the pathways for systems change
This event is for all staff of all Global Commons Alliance partners. From partner organizations, we are specifically looking for participation from:
- Executive leadership
- Communications leads
- Science leads
- Corporation, cities & investor engagement leads
- Policy leads
Please join us for this inspirational working session on Wednesday, 3 February, 14:30-16:00 CET.
HOW TO REGISTER
Please feel free to forward this invite internally to colleagues as you see fit.
The Global Commons Alliance is not an institution. We are a network of highly motivated and skilled individuals and organisations committed to the stewardship of our global commons. For us to deliver our collective goals, we ask you to commit time, know-how and your networks specifically help drive forward our action streams.